Cemetery Transcriptions Given by Original Transcribers:
The Burnside Cemetery is located in the SW 1/4 of Section 7, T. 77 N., R. 2 E of the 5th P.M., Buffalo Township. The cemetery lies behind the 101 stone ranch which was a stagecoach stop. There are no stones left as Mr. Farley (the present renter) stated that a past owner threw the 12 to 14 stones into a nearby ravine. Charles E. Farley, who rents the ground, mows the cemetery grounds. There was a picket fence around the cemetery at one time. (See 1882 Atlas page 5 for Burnside property) Above information obtained from Charles E. Farley.
Lorraine Duncan and Scharlott Blevins, October 1975
Scott County Cemetery Records V. 1, available at the Scott County Library System - Eldridge Branch
This cemetery was not indexed in the Scott County Cemetery search. Information available in the printed index has been included on this page.
Copyright protected. Use of materials from this collection beyond the exceptions provided for in the Fair Use and Educational Use clauses of the U.S. Copyright Law may violate federal law. Permission to publish or reproduce is required.