2016 Summer Reading Program
“On Your Mark, Get Set…Read!”
Children of all ages will soon be able to sign up for the Summer Reading Program. Children receive prizes, including toys, books, and more for reading or being read to during the months of June and July. Come into one of the Scott County Library locations on or after May 23rd to pick up your reading log or print a reading log using the links provided below. Participants are not allowed to count their reading until May 31st.
Children from birth to those going into preschool will need an Early Literacy Reading Log. The Early Literacy Log includes a variety of activities that help prepare children for reading. These activities are intended to be done by a child and caregiver together to build and strengthen early literacy skills.
Children that will be starting Kindergarten through 6th grade this fall will need a School-Age Reading Log. This reading challenge is intended to help children maintain and strengthen reading skills throughout the summer months when they are not in school.
Summer Reading Program Facts:
- The Summer Reading Program is FREE. All children’s programs at the library are also FREE.
- Sign up at one of our Scott County Library locations and pick up your reading log OR print an online reading log using the links above.
- Children ages 0 years old to going into 6th grade can sign up for the Youth Reading Program. Those going into 7th grade through 12th grade will sign up for the Teen Reading Program.
- Children who participate in the Summer Reading Program will receive prizes when they reach halfway and when they complete the reading program. The final prize includes a free book.
- Children who complete the Summer Reading Program will also be entered into a raffle prize of their choice. .
- Children can do the Summer Reading Program multiple times. Each time it is completed after the first time, the child will receive another raffle slip to be entered in the raffle of their choice. Halfway and final prizes are only awarded once to each child.
- Children do NOT have to be residents of Scott County to sign up for the Summer Reading Program.
- Reading logs must be turned in to one of the Scott County Library locations by July 31st to receive prizes.
- Please visit the Scott County Calendar of Events for lots of fun programs and activities at our Scott County Library locations.
- You can also get a list of all of the youth events by printing the Eldridge Calendar (also found on the back of the youth reading logs) or the Branch Calendar.