2015 Summer Reading Program
Children of all ages will soon be able to sign up for the Summer Reading Program. Children receive prizes, including toys, books, and more for reading or being read to during the months of June and July. Come into one of the Scott County Library locations on or after May 29th to pick up your reading log or print a reading log using the links provided below. Participants are not allowed to count their reading until June 1st.
If you have a child that is the ages of 0 to a child going into Preschool, he or she will need an Early Literacy Log. The Early Literacy Log includes a variety of activities that help prepare children for reading. These activities are intended to be done with a child and parent or adult to build or strengthen early literacy skills.
Children that will be starting Kindergarten through 6th grade this fall will need a School-Age Reading Log. This reading challenge is intended to help children maintain and strengthen reading skills throughout the summer months when they are not in school.
Summer Reading Program Facts:
- The Summer Reading Program is FREE. All children’s programs at the library are also FREE.
- Sign up at one of our Scott County Library locations and pick up your reading log OR print an online reading log using the links above.
- Children ages 0 years old to going into 6th grade can sign up for the Youth Reading Program. Those going into 7th grade through 12th grade will sign up for the Teen Reading Program.
- Children who participate in the Summer Reading Program will receive prizes when they reach halfway and when they complete the reading program. Toys and coupons are awarded for the halfway prize. A free book, Happy Joe’s coupon, and a pass to the Scott County Park Pool or West Lake Beach are awarded for the final prize.
- Children who complete the Summer Reading Program will also be entered into a raffle prize of their choice. This year’s raffle prizes include tickets to an Iowa Cubs game, a plush Baymax from Big Hero 6, a LEGO kit, a Crayola Tub of Fun, and a Slip ‘n Slide.
- Children can do the Summer Reading Program multiple times. Each time it is completed after the first time, the child will receive another raffle slip to be entered in the raffle of their choice. Halfway and final prizes are only awarded once to each child.
- Children do NOT have to be residents of Scott County to sign up for the Summer Reading Program.
- Reading logs must be turned in to one of the Scott County Library locations by July 31st to receive prizes.
- Please visit the Scott County Calendar of Events for lots of fun programs and activities at our Scott County Library locations.
- You can also get a list of all of the events by printing the backside of the reading log.